Wednesday, October 15, 2008

APFED BINGO Night is over!

Thank goodness October 11th has come and gone, what a relief! I almost don't know what to do with myself since the last 8 weeks have been spent focusing on October 11th! I helped plan a fundraising event for the American Partnership for Eosinophilic Diseases (APFED). We threw the entire event with no budget, and all completely from scratch looking for donations for everything.
All in all, I think it went off well, we raised almost $10,000 for our cause which isn't too shabby for a family fundraising event. I sold 25 tickets to the event and out of our extended family, only one person, my bro-in-law, Adam, won at BINGO. And so out of the many donations, gift cards, and baskets(some of which i begged for), what did he choose, a cigar lighter....who doesn't need one of those?
I just want to say thanks again to all of my friends who supported me, and who put up with me during the last several weeks! I am so lucky to have such good friends and family. And my poor husband, all he wants as payment for all of his help picking up the slack is for me to promise not to do this next year......don't worry, it's not like pregnancy, I'll remember how draining it is.....wont I?

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you survived!

And why am I not on your friends list, hmmm????